Thursday, May 28, 2009
First, I got called out already for my last post when I said this year was my first Mothers Day. It wasn’t. We brought Isabella home from the hospital the day before Mother’s Day last year. So that was my first. I guess this year maybe felt like my first since last year I was in a daze and not sure what the hell I was doing?
Last night was a good night. Even though I got home late and JT was at a work ‘thing’, Bella and I were able to have dinner together. Then JT came home and took her outside to play while I got some stuff done in the house. I love, love, love looking out my window and seeing Daddy and Bella having fun together. It is such the stereotypical suburban family scene and I wouldn’t have it any other way!
Another thing I love is that Bella now has a ‘lovely’ with her at almost all times. Her top three are Ike the monkey, Dublin the frog, or Finely the pig. I should get pictures of her with each of them at some point. But the cutest is when she goes to bed and snuggles with one….then when we go to wake her up she is still clinging to it. It is such a common thing for a kid to do, but for whatever reason when it is YOUR kid it is just the cutest thing ever! I think it is because we’ve watched her develop from not really knowing what the heck these stuff animals were, to starting to recognize them, to picking out her favorites and then using them as comfort items.
That’s it from last night. No, I won’t be blogging daily…just when the mood hits!
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
I’m horrible at this blogging thing apparently. So what has been going on in May 2009?
Bella turned 1, of course (on May 7). So I now have a one year old kid. No longer a baby… so sad yet so exciting. The year mark has brought many exciting things including
Not just walking but RUNNING away from us…which has also included trips and falls and bumps and bruises
- Climbing up and down stairs
- More words…kind of. She’ll look at us and talk like she really thinks she’s saying something. I swear I heard her say ‘ball’ the other day and think ‘no’ isn’t far away.
- Happy screaming. :D The best.
- Not-happy screaming/whining…not so great. I’ll just say she is getting quite the personality…
- Outside toys!! Grandma and Grandpa Hajder got her a slide and car that she (and mom and dad) has had a lot of fun with (water table fun to come in warmer weather).
- Food – she can now eat just about anything we do (exceptions are peanut butter and shell fish). It’s fun to be able to share our food with her. She is learning to take ‘bites’, too, which means I can break off a chunk of banana or slice of tomato and she’ll be fine with it.
- Milk – no more formula for her! We’ve also gone about a full week without any bottles. Using milk instead of formula is so nice/much easier….but I do miss “baba bedtime” L It was a nice snuggle time with her. However, we have seemed to replace it with a good 10-15 minutes of snuggle time when we get home from work.
- No more baby carseat...we upgraded to the next level and turned it front facing. I guess recently the recommendation is to leave it rear facing but it just doesn't work in my two door car. I figured if it was OK a month ago to have her forward facing then it’d be OK now.
At her 1 year appt she was 75th percentile for both height and weight and 90th for head.
My first mother’s day was great. Bella planted me an herb garden and got me a nice lawn chair for relaxing in the sun (let’s hope I can actually use it).
We baby-sat Jonah (8 months) and I saw first hand the difference between a ‘daycare kid’ (Jonah) and my non-daycare kid. She was not too happy about having someone else play with her toys. At one point, when Jonah was paying attention to JT, Bella got up and literally ran to her room. What a brat :)
For Memorial Day, we went to the Como Zoo for the first time (pictures to come) and had a bunch of people over on Sun and Mon for brunch. No pictures of that though… hmmm…I’m slacking.
Sorry if this format is all wonky...but I did what I could :)