I made Bird Nest Breakfast Cups this morning - inspired by this. They were super easy, pretty good and Bella was able to help (always a plus). Mine don't look as good as the picture from Pinterest, but they still tasted good! Hubby approved, too. The only thing I would try to change next time is cooking the hashbrowns a little longer to see if the bottom gets crisper.
They turned out to be 200 cal each. A little high for me - so next time I'll omit the sausage in mine or use ham.
|Bird Nests with Sausage|
- shred 2 large potatoes
- shred 4 oz reduced fat cheese
- cook 1/2 lb of breakfast sausage
- spray a muffin tin with Pam
- place some potato and cheese in each tin. save a handful of cheese for later.
- bake for 15 minutes at 450 degrees
- remove from oven, turn heat down to 350
- crack an egg on top of each cup. Break the yolk a little.
- Sprinkle some sausage on each cup. Top with a little more cheese.
- Bake for another 15 minutes (or until egg is cooked).
- use a knife around the edges of the cups to remove.