Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bird Nest Breakfast Cups [PCL]

PCL = Pinterest Come to Life

I made Bird Nest Breakfast Cups this morning - inspired by this. They were super easy, pretty good and Bella was able to help (always a plus). Mine don't look as good as the picture from Pinterest, but they still tasted good! Hubby approved, too. The only thing I would try to change next time is cooking the hashbrowns a little longer to see if the bottom gets crisper.

They turned out to be 200 cal each. A little high for me - so next time I'll omit the sausage in mine or use ham.
Bird Nests with Sausage
If you want to make them, you could follow the recipe from the blog I found it in. Or here's what I did and I ended up with 9 cups.

  • shred 2 large potatoes 
  • shred 4 oz reduced fat cheese
  • cook 1/2 lb of breakfast sausage 
  • spray a muffin tin with Pam
  • place some potato and cheese in each tin. save a handful of cheese for later.  
  • bake for 15 minutes at 450 degrees
  • remove from oven, turn heat down to 350
  • crack an egg on top of each cup. Break the yolk a little.
  • Sprinkle some sausage on each cup. Top with a little more cheese.
  • Bake for another 15 minutes (or until egg is cooked).
  • use a knife around the edges of the cups to remove.
  • enjoy!

Pan Pic















No comments: