Every year our group of "married friends" has a belated holiday party in January. This year's I made some fancy Jello shots inspired by a blog I found on Pinterest, That's So Michelle. She has a lot of fab jello shot recipes, but I thought a modified version of her Peppermint Mocha Holiday Jello Shots would be perfect for the party.
I. Loved. Them.
I did make some modifications and doubled the recipe:
- brewed 2 cups of Keurig coffee - I had Green Mountain Breakfast Blend on hand.
- let it sit until warm, but not hot. Then pour into a sauce pan.
- sprinkled 2 packages of Knorr gelatin on top and let it sit for 2 min
- added 1/2 cup of sugar and stir
- slowly stired in 2 cups of Pinnacle Whipped Chocolate vodka. They were pretty strong, so you can add less if you want...or the original recipe calls for Godiva Liquor, but vodka is cheaper!
- poured into small cups. I found mine at Walgreens.
- let sit overnight. Once ready to serve, topped with Redi Whip and added a chocolate wafer straw (something like this) as a garnish. The original used a mini-candy can, but since it wasn't really Christmas anymore I thought a cookie was more appropriate.
They are best eaten with a spoon and cold. Once they sat out for a while they started to get runny, so put them back in the fridge if you don't eat them all. The above made about 18 shots. And like I said,they were pretty strong... but that's how I like them :) They do have a strong coffee flavor, so if you want to cut that down maybe only brew 1 cup. In the end, I enjoyed them and will make them again!