Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bloomin' Onion Bread [PCL]

PCL = Pinterest Come to Life


One of the appetizers I made on Super Bowl Sunday was the Bloomin' Onion Bread I found on Pinterest.  It was really good! Not as cheesy, buttery good as I thought...but that is probably my fault. The deli I stopped at didn't have Monterrey Jack cheese like the original recipe called for, and I probably should have left it in the oven a tad longer. I WILL be making this again, though! 


Here is what I did:
- cut a loaf of Sourdough bread criss-cross. Don't cut all the way through!! The original blog said it best: "Cut the bread lengthwise and width wise without cutting through the bottom crust". I was paranoid and didn't cut very far, so we had to take a knife to it after. 
- stuff pieces of thinly sliced provolone cheese in the cracks (figured provolone would be a decent substitute to Monterrey jack...next time I might try something else)
- mix together 1/2 cup melted butter, 1/2 cup sliced green onion and 2 tsp poppy seeds. Pour it over the bread. 
- cover in tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 min
- uncover and bake for 10 more minutes. This is where I wish I would have done 15 min.




Easy stuff! Give it a try!





No comments: