1. How long have you been a Mom? Six months tomorrow!
2. How many children call you Mommy? No children yet – just my husband when talking about me to Bella (Mommy or Mama).
3. Girl? Boy? or both?: Girl
4. Did you know what you were having? Yes
5. How old were you when you became a Mom? 26
6. How long were you in labor? It is hard to say! I was in the hospital for 30 hours before she was born…but ‘active’ labor was maybe 15-20 hours?
7. What’s your favorite thing about being a Mom? When Bella smiles at me. Nothing beats it!
8. What’s your least favorite thing? The constant worry
9. Do you want more kids? Sure! At least 1 more. Maybe 2 if we can expand our current house or move to a bigger one.
10. Do you plan on having more soon? Not within the next year or anything…
11. How many times have you been pee’d on? Peed on, never. Pooped on, maybe twice. Pretty good, huh?
12. Barfed on? Actually just once and it was the other day when I went down the stairs too fast after feeding her.
13. Is your child named after anyone? Not unless you could the country Ireland as “anyone”
14. How did you come up with their name? JT made a list. I made a list. We compared and narrowed it down to 2 choices. Isabella was on his original list.
15. When your child gets in trouble, who is the bad guy? I don’t think Bella has gotten in trouble yet!
16. What is the longest you have been away from your children? A full 24 hours at least. I don’t experience separation anxiety, thank goodness. Maybe because I know she is in good hands when we are away.
17. Bedtime routine? There isn’t really one…we can just tell when she is getting tired so then I nurse her and we put her to bed. It’s usually around 8:00-8:30.
18. Are your toes painted? Yeah, bright pink from Halloween
19. Last movie you saw in the theater? No Country for Old Men – I hate seeing movies in the theatre
20. One thing you will not give up just because you’re a mom? Going out and having a good time with friends!
21. One thing you did give up now that you’re a mom: sleeping in on the weekends, I guess. Otherwise I can’t really think of anything.
22. Best Mom perk: I NEVER EVER thought I’d say this…but yes, I think it’s a perk that I can nurse. Its come to be a calm, relaxing thing between me and Bella.
23. Snack, you sneak bites from your child? Gross. No.
24. When the kid is napping, you are: either holding her while she naps or just getting stuff done around the house (what kind of question is this…what is expected? That I’m training tigers while she is napping or something?)
25. Where is your child(ren) now? Back to sleep in her crib after an early morning breakfast.
26. Favorite place to buy maternity clothes? My favorite clothes came from Motherhood Maternity
27. If I could do it over…I wouldn’t have gained so much weight with my pregnancy
28. Did it turn out the way you expected? If “it” means my baby, then yes…she is perfect.
Tropical Storm Amalah
5 days ago