Monday, July 21, 2008

Sucess!

Since we brought her home, Isabella has been napping in her bouncer, swing, or on someone's chest. She sleeps in her bassinet at night just fine, but during the day she would refuse to lay (lie?) there and fall asleep.

I know that whoever we leave her with for daycare will want her to be able to sleep in a crib, so today is the first day that she's actually gone down for a nap in her bassinet and fell asleep! Woo! I CAN do it!

Other successes the past few days:
She's managed to look like a midget (shoot, is that a P.C. term? Should I say "little person"?)
I've captured and now posted picture that would cause any other woman to stop eating for a week. (but look at that cuuuute belly!!)

I played dress up and forced her out in public all matchy-matchy (I swore I wouldn't treat my baby like a doll...but the clothes are just too darn cute!)


We kept her up way past her bedtime (at a friend's BBQ that went into the night - she slept on people most of the time)


I taught Jeremy to breastfeed discreetly in public (Ok, sorry - this one is a bit disturbing. For those unfamiliar, this is what many moms look like when they nurse in public)


I've mastered the Moby wrap (she may not look comfy, but she was! She took a 2.5 hour nap in it yesterday!)

Sorry again for the formatting/pictures being all random, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think Isabella was amazing on Saturday night. She only fussed once in a while. That is great! Now you know that you can handle bringing her out! Plus it gives you both a break since everyone wants to hold her! (Myself excluded). Haha! I will open up to it eventually! I just like to look at her for now. :)

Love the photos!!!! SHE IS SO CUTE!

Miss Jess said...

I like the Moby picture... just think, she was inside you only 2 1/2 months ago. So amazing how fast they grow.