Wednesday, June 18, 2008

10 and 9


Isabella is now 10lbs 9 oz. I don't know if this sounds big to me or not. She looks big to me...yet still soooo tinnny.


Here is her weight progress for those who are interested:

Birth: 8lbs 11oz
Hospital Discharge: 8lbs 4 oz (yes, it is normal for bebes to lose up to 10% of their weight in the first days)
1 week: 8lbs 3 oz (new scale at Dr Office...so about the same)
2 weeks: 8lbs 11 oz
4 weeks: 9lbs 13 oz
6 weeks: 10lbs 9 oz


Other updates:

On Monday Isabella and I invaded Grandma and Grandpa H's house for most of the day. They had been on vacation so Isabella needed her fix. Tuesday we visited Sarah at her work and chatted with the lovely ladies of Rainbow Inc. Today I went to my 6 week check up at the Dr and left Isabella with Gma and Gpa H...she showed them how her lungs work.

I'm getting over my cold and poor Isabella is starting hers. She sounded horribly congested last night but we couldn't 'suck' anything out of her nose. This morning I shut her up in the bathroom w/ me while I showered - the steam seemed to help (yes, this was recommended and safe for her). I'll admit, it's a tad cute when a baby sneezes and snot flies out of her nose!!


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh no! Poor baby has a cold! I am sure the steam from the shower did help.

I was so glad you came and visited even though it was only for a short time. It was nice to see you both!

Jessie said...

What adorable pictures!10lbs seems big to me - wait till you hold my tiny peanut! Actually, he is probably around 7 1/2 lbs now. Isabella is beautiful! We might have to make them boyfriend/girlfriend...

Amie and Carson said...

I'll also recommend the Little noses saline spray. It will really help dry things out in there and make it much easier to suction. Totally safe! :) We still use it for Carson here and there.